Monday, January 01, 2007

Lost and Found

I did some sorting. And I came across some saved papers that I will archive here before throwing the actual paper out. In September or maybe October David Bianculli wrote,"There are a few movies that, no matter how often or how late they're televised, I'm sucked into watching them from start to finish. "All the President's Men" is one. "A Clockwork's Orange is Another. And the 1944 gem "Arsenic and Old Lace" is a third. Find and explain the common thread between those three films, and I'll be both grateful and impressed." I did write him with my theory, but didn't hear back.

I also came across this poem by William Wordsworth on a crumpled page from an old calendar. I like natural scenery more than man made. But this is still nice. And I think this was an inspiration for a Rabbi David Ebner poem

Upon Westminster Bridge

EARTH has not anything to show more fair:

Dull would he be of soul who could pass by

A sight so touching in its majesty:

This City now doth like a garment wear

The beauty of the morning; silent, bare,

Ships, towers, domes, theatres, and temples lie

Open unto the fields, and to the sky;

All bright and glittering in the smokeless air.

Never did sun more beautifully steep

In his first splendour valley, rock, or hill;

Ne'er saw I, never felt, a calm so deep!

The river glideth at his own sweet will:

Dear God! the very houses seem asleep;

And all that mighty heart is lying still!

Speaking of movies, I'm off to see Pan's Labyrinth. It's a double feature with Night at the Museum.

1 Comments:

Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

I was looking for something in my blog and in searching I came across this post and couldn't resist pointing out that this was a joke. I wonder if anyone got it. I saw Pan's Labyrinth. I wouldn't see Night At The Museum if you paid me (unless I really loved you, then you wouldn't have to pay).

July 26, 2009 at 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home