Thursday, August 24, 2006

To Write Or...

Blogging is a complex thing. Who reads it? Who do you want reading it? Who writes it? (This sounds like a simple question but is really the hardest one. I am always reminded of the comment that Hal Holbrook has played Mark Twain longer than Mark Twain played Mark Twain. We are always assuming a character. I've said it before and I'll say it again - when people see me on stage they question the act/persona as opposed to my one on one demeanor, and my response is that the day today is the act and the onstage is real. But who knows? It's often said that the only one that knows the inner truths of a person is the person themself. But often the person themselves is the last one to get themselves. Somewhere, C.S. Lewis wrote that people spend years working to figure out things about themselves that an astute person could tell them after knowing them for five minutes. Anyway, the question remains, who may I ask, is writing?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home