Thursday, August 03, 2006

Sifsosav Dovevos Ba'Kever

I have written before and will probably write again about Aaron Bulman. If anyone is interested in acquiring his posthumous book, please let me know. It has been my honor to give the book to people that I think will get it. Below is how I inscribed one copy that I shared with a friend.
b
Rosh Chodesh Av 5766


Dear Jon,

I spread his books
around my worlds
as a non believer
would spread his ashes

These books are pieces
of Aaron and thus pieces of me,
friends of distinction
like you

Perhaps one day there will be
a physical book of my poems
In my mind it is written
with you one of the stars

We were blessed this summer
in the city that unites souls
to talk Torah in our way
Torah that restores spirit:

Holiness of friends
like the Western Wall itself
hovers and protects

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home