Friday, August 25, 2006

(read loudly, into cell phone:) I'M IN THE LIBRARY!!!

Sitting and writing from the YU library for the first time in a while... The library will close soon, so I'm on deadline. This is going to be one of those free writing posts. I hope.

I think a lot about blogging, but moreso about writing. Recently I got a few off line comments about spelling errors. Please email me via the profile or post a polite comment with the correction if you notice a spelling error. My home computer is missing the letter I, so that's part of the problem. Another issue over the summer was that in Israel had limited access to the internet so I would sometimes post quickly with out checking. I'm told that since I'm back there have been errors and it has been suggested that it's due to jetlag. Again, if you see something say something, i.e. point out the correction with kindness.

The performance the other night was good, but long and for an emcee - high pressured. Lost Tribe did well. I felt the emceeing went well but that its a challenging and mostly thankless task.
The act to watch for is a young fellow named Aryeh Kunstler who hopes to release a CD by Chanukah time. He is talent filled, and more importantly filled with faith and exuberance. May he be blessed to keep his purity and energy as he grows and (I predict) becomes well known.

And now, what people search the blogosphere and indeed the entire web for, day and night, the feature that has generated a lot of buzz; ladies and gentlemen, the wait is over, please put your hands together and give a big blog welcome to the fabulous haikus of Rabbi Neil Fleischmann!!!

You may ask yourself
why leave the dream behind you
why not stay inside

Just to feel at all
a sign that I am alive
a cause to rejoice

How do we walk by
another human being?
we get used to it

Anger pushes G-d
Anger says there's no sense here
pushes G-d away

Run from walls to fall
fall and not know how to stop
the wall would catch you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home