Wednesday, August 09, 2006

On Books

I was tagged by Rose - feel free to post your answers in comments:

1. One book that changed your life? Catcher In The Rye

2. One book you have read more than once? Sefer Yonah

3. One book you would want on a desert island? Do Unto Others

4. One book that made you laugh? Bird By Bird

5. One book that made you cry? Patrimony

6. One book you wish had been written? Nine Horses

7. One book you wish had never been written? Protocols of theElders of Zion

8. One book you are currently reading? Ragtime

9. One book you have been meaning to read? Chovas HaTalmidim (took it upon myself as a Simchat Torah pledge)

10. Now tag five people. No!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just so happens I'm reading Do Unto Others right now!

Question: What might its application be on a desert island?
:)

August 9, 2006 at 11:20 AM  
Blogger Shoshana said...

Wow - that was quick! Thanks! Catcher in the Rye is a great book, I really enjoyed it.

August 9, 2006 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Welcome back Maayan. You never know when you're going to get off the desert island... Also you can be inspired by what humans do for other humans even while on a desert isle.

Thanks for tagging me Shoshana. There's a part of that book that I once memorized for a class - about a boring room mate of hs who was a great whistler.

August 9, 2006 at 7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So nice to see this. Perhaps some day you'll lend me Catcher In The Rye again. I never did get to read it the first time. My fault, not yours.

August 9, 2006 at 10:13 PM  
Blogger Uri Cohen said...

I don't understand. I thought Nine Horses _was_ written.

August 16, 2006 at 6:54 AM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Hmm. I think we're understanding the question in two different ways Uri. You seem to understand it as - describe a book that's never been written that you wish you were the one to have written. I understood it as - name a book that has been written that you wish you were the one to have written, it rather than the actual author.

August 17, 2006 at 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home