Monday, August 21, 2006

Is Man; A Tree Of The Field

There's a three hour rehearsal tonight for Lost Tribe, my improv group. Sounds like an oxymoron - improv rehearsal. Reminds me of what Abraham Lincoln once said, that the best improvised remarks are prepared three weeks in advance.

I'm thinking a lot. Some interesting posts may be coming - or you may have to steal my diary.

A few years ago I was talking to a student about Shiriya, the school wide competition that he had no interest n attending. I asked if he's go if I assured him that they'd sing a song about him. He agreed. They sang Ilan, Ilan and his name was Ilan. He still stayed home.

Jet lag still lingers, responsibilities call. I'm hosting and performing in a show tomorrow night, am meeting soon with the producer. It's fascinating to me how much work into things that look like play/fun. I used to always use Rchard Lewis in my mind as an example of a comedian who doesn't seem so responsible, but must be to have made it as far as he has (this was before I knew he was a - now recovered - alcholholc).

WRM - I read somewhere recently that Richard Lewis is underappreciated critically for his work on Curb Your Enthusiasm (I'm not well aquainted with the show). The reviewer said that he has the hardest job on the show because he's the only one who shows true emotion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home