Monday, August 14, 2006

8 or 9 haikus

i will miss moments
like sitting in this taxi
hearing of cease fire

it started with me
a war right after i came
as i leave it ends

living here is hard
says everyone who lives here
then they say to come

axis of evil
i'm not comfortable with that
american me

when i walk uphill
i close my eyes and pretend
i'm going downstairs

specifically
down to my parents' basement
speckled orange steps

dart pierced broken heart
a small hole eats it alive
accept the whole; thrive

what stands in my way
is one of those questions like
what makes man unique

1 Comments:

Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

i thank you kindly
right response to complments
beats deprication

the first four were consciously connected...

August 14, 2006 at 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home