Sunday, July 09, 2006

Blah, Blah, Blog

It seems to me that many bloggers love to pull and push; "I'm leaving this, ending blogging, no I'm back, etc." I'm not trying to be dramatic or typical. I am planning to be tending to other things and blogging less, surely for the next few days. Possibly (and dare I say, hopefully) more.

Sometimes I write a poem and feel I want to share it, sometimes I feel compelled to answer comments. This may continue. But blogging as in long essays and quizzes etc, is something I'd like to put on hold for now.

Feel free to email me privatey (if you want to remain anonymous, you can get an anonymous address like bob@yahoo, or maayan@mindspring) ( - hypothetically speaking). I'm not so adept at linking, so I won't link to specific posts now. I do recommend last summers posts, that was the time since I've been doing this this that I really wrote major pieces most often, I think (on the name Natah, on movies, on mussar, and more). I'd like this summer to be different. I need to focus elsewhere. Please G-d let it be so.

Again, I thank everyone who commented recently on the meditative haikus. I think I made up this haiku chain idea. If not, not. It means a lot to me that others were receptive to this one and to the concept. Like most (all?) of what I write about, I write not as a master but as someone who needs to become proficient in what I long for and therefore write about. This time it was personal.

As always I thank those of you that connect with me and my thoughts and words. I thank you for reading, for friendship (in some cases love) (evn in what sometimes feels like a muted form, real loyalty and caring shine through).

I thank those of you who bravely share in your own spaces. And as I consider pulling back I will surely remember and consider how much I miss some writers who used to make my day with their words.

May G-d bless us all
so trite maybe don't say it
There's a compulsion
(Alternative last line, theres a compassion.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

regarding last line
i know what you mean to say
i will miss you, boB :.(

i respect your call
will look for future postings
not an emailer :.(

July 9, 2006 at 8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog. '

I will start a protest list


People who want R'F to post constantly (sign up)
_____________________________________________

1. Anonymous
2.
3.

July 10, 2006 at 9:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have a wonderful summer. I will miss your posts but trust you will return to them when you're ready.

July 10, 2006 at 10:36 AM  
Blogger Jack Steiner said...

I hope to see you post again.

July 11, 2006 at 1:13 AM  
Blogger Ezzie said...

I don't come here often enough, but I've always enjoyed. Hope you come back, but only if you want to. Best of luck.

July 11, 2006 at 1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home