Thursday, June 01, 2006

A Psalm

A Song For Natah

Oh L-rd. Days come when I think in frustration I'd rather be numb. I thank you G-d for continuing to allow me to feel. In your kindness you carry me even through bumpy rides on East Side highways when my pen shakes like palsy. You have never left me like an abandoned dandelion nor deprived me the ability to feel like the overworked. You have blessed me with a wary awareness and olfactory radar,. Like a lion in his den I live perpetually in royal joy and fear. As the sweet singer of Israel - man, king, hero - photographed it for me early this morning, life is more or less a shadow of death. The bookend worlds to this one form a deep, beautiful valley.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! All of it, and especially,
"The bookend worlds to this one form a deep, beautiful valley."

I had a hard day; this is a present.

Chag Sameach.

June 1, 2006 at 6:12 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

You made MY day!

I've been a bit slow to reply to the last few messages, will need to push myself eventually. But this one got me.

BTW - If you have timde or strength: do you think world is better (as is) at the end, or "little world?"

June 1, 2006 at 6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like "worlds" much better than "little worlds".

Here's why: the adjective little, if it were here, would confine my imagination. By the time I get to that last sentence I can't breathe, and I don't want to be brought back to earth. I want to experience open-ended imagery.

June 1, 2006 at 6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does that make any sense?

June 1, 2006 at 6:58 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Thank you Maayan for getting it. I agree with your comment, makes sense to me.

June 4, 2006 at 11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home