Saturday, October 15, 2005

More Sevens (thanks to RYG)

Seven Jewish Books/Authors That Mean A Lot To me

1. R. Abraham Twerski
( Top seven of his - Do Unto Others, Prayerfully Yours, I Am I, Living Each Week, Living Each Day [all the Each Days], Rebbes and Chasidim, Angels don't Leave Foot Prints)
2. Sarah Shapiro
3. Is There A Chance For Love?
4. Chaim Walder
5. A Tzadik In Our Time
6. Rabbi Chaim Schmuelevitz
7. Climbing Jacob's Ladder


Seven Movies I Really Liked

1. It's A Wonderful Life
2. A Tree Grows In Brooklyn
3. Groundhog Day
4. 28 Days
5. Ghost World
6. Comedian
7. Punch Line

Seven Movies I Didn't Like Big Time

1. Harry Potter
2. The Second Harry Potter
3. Lord of The Rings (Gave up after number one)
4. X-Men (ditto) (which reminds me, I really liked Ghost)
5. Titanic
6. Matrix
7. Star Wars (yes, even the first one)

Five Books I Liked

1. Glass Castle
2. The Other Great Depression
3. Flannery O'Connor - Complete Stories
4. In Dreams Begin Responsibilities and Other Stories
5. Catcher in The Rye
6. The Curious Incident Of The dog In The Night Time
7. My Friend Leonard

Favorite TV Shows

1. Odd Couple
2. Sports Night
3. As Time Goes By
4. Get Smart
5. Taxi
6. Mary Tyler Moore
7.Faulty Towers

Seven Blogs I Like That Aren't Mine

1. Mirty
2. Pearl
3. Jack
4. My Urban Kvetch
5. Psycho Toddler
6. Rose
7. McAryeh

Seven Statements/Questions To Make Me Feel Bad/Hurt/Frustrated

1. I'm not usually like this
2. I'm just saying
3. If so and so were here they'd say
4. Why is your face red?/ you were in Florida! - Yes You Were...Yes You Were
5. You're good with that group
6. Are you off tomorrow/yesterday/Tuesday, etc.
7. What did you do over the summer/vacation/today/yesterday/Tuesday

Seven Statements To Make Me Feel Good

1. Any statement of support
2. Any statement of appreciation
3. Any statement of apology
4. Any genuine inquiry regarding ideas
5. Any honest and direct expression of self
6. Any Torah idea with a spiritual explanation
7. Any quality creative idea

2 Comments:

Blogger Jack Steiner said...

I like the list. So sad to see that you don't like many of my favorite films, but variety is the spice of life and if we were all the same it would be quite dull.

October 17, 2005 at 6:43 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

amazing isn't it? how differeent people's tastes are - it's almost like a proof of G-d.

October 19, 2005 at 7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home