Saturday, October 08, 2005

7

This is a truncated version of a list passed on to me by Mirty. I left out the section of celebrity crushes. Also left out what attracts me to the opposite sex. If you want to talk about these privately let me know.

Also the last piece is to list people that you'd like to see fill this out. Some of my readers that don't comment like my dear dad, my dear friend Yamin are welcome to send me their lists - I'd love it. Of bloggers, if you see this and are willing to do it then I invite PscychoToddler, McAryeh, Steg, Rose and Tuesday's.


Seven things I can do:

1. Listen 2. Come up with a story for pretty much any topic on the spot. 3. Teach/Entertain 4. Write (poetry, fiction, nonfiction) 5. Deal patiently with difficult people/Teach 6. Deeply absorb what I experience 7. Be a good soldier ( metaphorically, ie - follow rules and do my job well.)

Seven things I cannot do:

1. Sing really well 2. Dance really well 3. Remember names quickly 4. Absorb directions quickly 5. Always get what I want 6. Master the instructions of The Serenity Prayer 7. Be someone I'm not

Seven things that I say most often:

1. (When a student says I have a question -) I have an answer let's see if they match (I know, I have to stop saying that) 2. Hi I'm Rabbi Fleischmann, I'll be your teacher this year (When I'm explaining something and a student says can you go back to the beginning) (As far as I'm concerned that's a keeper) 3. Couldn't it be both?/I think it's both/the answer is that it's a combination/it's complicated, etc. 4. Zei Gezunt 5. G-d Bless 6. That's OK 7. I'm sorry

Seven things I plan to do before I die:

1. Marry someone I love 2. Have/raise children 3. Publish a book or two (Torah, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, humor) 4. Live in Israel again 5. Be as good as I can be 6. Continue to grow 7. Continue to help others

7 Comments:

Blogger torontopearl said...

I like your lists, Neil.

"I'm sorry" was supposed to be the #1 on my "things I always say" list; wouldn't you know it -- I forgot to mention it at all!?

October 9, 2005 at 12:30 AM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

I'm sorry...

...When my oldest nephew was little, I spoke to him once on the phone and he told me he had chicken pox and I said I'm sorry and then he laughed hysterically and when he finished laughing I asked him what was so funny and he said "you didn't give me the chicken pox."

October 9, 2005 at 11:55 AM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Mirty,

My friend who I've never met - why do the lines keep getting broken up. (I don't think I'll understand the answer. i'm really asking if you can fix it.)

October 9, 2005 at 1:24 PM  
Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

I knew there must have been a catch to Friday Night davening! ;-)

This'll give me something to do while waiting for the Blogger people to fix my archive problem...

Interesting how you combine "Teach" in the Can Do section with 'Entertain' and 'Deal patiently'... not sure what i'd bundle it with.

This is definitely going to be tough...

October 9, 2005 at 2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rabbi Fleischmann,
As a fellow teacher (for the Department of Ed in NYC, not a Yeshiva) I was amused by your responses to the students. Thought I'd share some of my own:
1. When a kid says "I'm almost..., I reply "When you almost get on the bus, you don't"
2. When a kid calls out "I'm done", I reply "Cakes are done, people are finished"
3. "Do I have to write my last name on the paper?" My reply "If your last name is Slammerskowinkajowsky than no, otherwise yes"

October 10, 2005 at 7:35 PM  
Blogger Be.emunah said...

Hi Rebbi, I liked the "I have an answer lets see if they match"-- I told it over already
Mike

February 3, 2008 at 9:15 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

I'm happy for all the comments I got on this post. Sorry I didn't acknowledge each one sooner. Thanks Michael, for this nice comment two years post the original post.

February 3, 2008 at 11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home