Thursday, September 01, 2005

From the Mountains of Faith

What do you do when you wake up in the middle of the night? They say that sometimes it's easier to fall back to sleep if you do something for a bit other than trying to fall back to sleep.
What are fellow blogger's thoughts about that?

Last night I wrote this:

I Want To Write

out my mind
from a real place
with my breath
breathe to grace

with fingers
no pen
unclose my heart
release the broken

back to sleep
bed whole before Him
let thoughts go
return within


4 Comments:

Blogger torontopearl said...

I turn on the radio to an all-classical music station. The quiet music and the lull of the deejays' voices eventually help relax me back to sleep.

September 1, 2005 at 4:58 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Thanks.

Robert Klein has a great routine about that kind of late night classical DJ voice.

September 1, 2005 at 5:06 PM  
Blogger MC Aryeh said...

beautiful writing...

September 2, 2005 at 11:51 AM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Thank you. I rarely get positive feedback on my posted poetry. Your words mean a lot to me.

September 2, 2005 at 12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home