Thursday, August 18, 2005

Not To Be Mean

Paul Reiser has a routine that I believe to be profound. He speaks about the things people say but shouldn't, like straight out insults. Then they try to get out of it by saying "I was just saying."

There's no such thing as just saying. Imagine the following. Someone loses their temper, suddenly they pull out a gun and fire at you. You're on the floor bleeding and ask "why?" They respond, "what are you overreacting for? I was just shooting."

Here's a comment someone posted about a poem on mimaamakim.org. My poem. Can you guess the person's name? His name is Anonymous. What a shame. I usually love Anonymous' work.

this poem really sucks, quite honestly, I expected more! were you sleeping when you wrote it? not to be mean, maybe to inspire you more

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home