Monday, August 15, 2005

Here I sit in a Chelsea synagogue, waiting for my ride home. The crew is cleaning up confetti that one participant in tonight's show spread around. As he was about to do it I knew I should have yelled "noooo!!!!!," but I didn't and neither did anyone else. People should know better. Next to me an actress named Zoe! with no last name is reading Kids Speak Two also known as More Kids Speak and she seems to be really absorbed in it. I'm glad I recommended it.

At tonight's performance of A Match Made In Manhattan Rabbi Steve Moskowitz attended with the wife and kids. What a wonderful person, so nice to see him after all these years between now and when we once roomed together in BMT.

It was a good crowd tonight. Two new Gitties did very nicely. Avi Kunstler, the mastermind behind the songs of the show filled in for the part of Abe and did swimmingly (I always wanted to use that in a sentence).

Someone was just singing Yesh Lanu Tayish and now I can't get it out of my head, though I haven't sung it for MANY years. Now the actor who plays Gus is reading over my shoulder. He approves.

I'm thankful to G-d to be working in a show with extraordinarily talented actors (and actresses) (but I think most people today include women in "actors.") Like blogging, and teaching, and doing stand up, and many other blessings it is a thing I am grateful for.

---------------------------

We all need to play

we need to be curious

we need to create

--------------------------

the beauty of youth

partly includes ignorance

blindness to oneself

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home