Friday, May 06, 2005

Writing is for me what candy or other things are for other people, it's a treat that I love. And so I'll let you in on a secret, I'm going to use this as a bait for myself. It's now 6:50 and I will not allow myself to write more till I have taken care of my laundry...

7:15 now, back from laundry patrol. Now I get to write before the next pre-Shabbat errand.

It's happened a couple of times just recently, and it's happened before. What? You'll need background. I tend to teach the weaker classes, although that's not a good word for it because they are so strong. I don't believe they're dumb, or more disabled than anyone else. So I've chosen the weak word, but I'd love help with a better one. Anyway, past students come to visit. Not just to say hi. It's happened actually three times recently, now that I think about it, that a kid has given up his free period to sit in my class. It's not for the knowledge of what's taught, but to share space and presence. And I am proud and thank G-d for this good karma that students sense in my classroom.

Now back to Shabbos prep and hopefully I'll be back with one more thought pre-Shabbat.

7:35 Sundown approaches another time. What a blessing. Thank you G-d for this time that feels different, like a place that I go to wherever I am at this time, a world that is imagined for me. May we all feel the peace of this day and may it flow and over and over flow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home