Friday, May 20, 2005

Shabbat Shalom

It's about 25 minutes before early Shabbos. Some of the highlights planned are reading to my friends' four kids, and learning with a former student.

Yesterday I wrote these haikus about efforts that we sometimes make that aren't real efforts. There's a saying - worrying must work, because nothing I worry about happens.

We are the gerbil
spinning wheels that stand alone
disconnected spins

Castles in the sand
seems more than a metaphor
like we really build

I'm going to get ready and then sign off right pre Shabbos...

...A couple of months ago a journalist called me on a Friday. He was writing about what Jews think about when they sing about welcoming the Sabbath Bride. Here's hoping the experience is Divine and sublime for all about to experience it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home