Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Link Heaven

.
Like a link heaven
a haiku and blog filled post
windows of wonder

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently posted a comment on another blog in the form of this haiku:

elegant anguish
feeling sitting on a blog
a tint all its own

It was inspired by a poem that is presently the first entry on that blog: "a window into our's."
I found that site because of a comment that the author of the beautiful poems and thoughts on that blog left a recent comment at seraphic secret regarding a "Seraphic Shabbos".

Seraphic Secret is dedicated to the memory of Ariel Avrech. My haiku above is a description of the emotions that Robert and Karen express about their son, may his memory be a blessing.

Pearlies of Wisdom emailed me that my comment in haiku reminded her of graffiti artists who leave work without fanfare. Her remark reminded me of the man I once saw outside Central park who offered to sell me my choice of sonnet or haiku about myself. (Guess how I reacted).
As I recalled him I wrote this haiku:

central park poet
sells personalized poems
from poetry stand

I don't remember how, but I recently found a very impressive blog which has a recent post on the haikus of Richard Wright. Tamara, the blogger of that site, spent a recent Shabbos with a book of his work. I was intrigued and found some of his haikus online .
Here's one sample. I like that he sticks to 5-7-5, and pulls off saying much:

The neighing horses
are causing echoing neighs
in neighboring barns

That's it for now.

As a certain variety TV comedian used to say: Goodnight and may G-d bless.
Tell me if you remember who (unless you already answered last time I asked here).






2 Comments:

Blogger torontopearl said...

red skelton.
(i think it was just "g'night and g-d bless)
my age is showing, isn't it!

June 1, 2005 at 8:41 AM  
Blogger who am i said...

thanx for the mention, was hoping you'd post your hiku here too.

ariel and i learnt together in yeshiva for a while.

June 2, 2005 at 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home