Thursday, May 19, 2005

Inside Today's Suit

I wore a jacket today that I haven't worn since Pesach. In the jacket was a page from the NY Post. It took me a minute to recall what it was. One of the guests gave it to me because of a comic strip on it called Rhymes With Orange.

In the one long frame you see two men sitting at a bar. One of them has a martini glass in front of him. He turns to the other guy, who has four glasses of wine in front of him and asks, "rough day?" And he replies, "nope, Passover."

Also in the pocket were several taffy candies that were thrown in Shul. One man read his haftorah very meticulously and excitedly, like a bar mitzvah boy. So some of his friends and family threw candy when he finished. I thought it was nice. The gabai thought it was ridiculous. I just tasted them for the first time. Delicious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home