Tuesday, May 17, 2005

End Of Work Day Musings

It's 6:10 PM

I'm sitting a my little office, which is around the corner from the stage. The play is coming up soon and they are rehearsing something called "Barbecuing Hamlet." I helped one of the students in it prepare for his audition. Part of me wishes he'd be more appreciative of that. It bugs me when people don't show appreciation. There's someone who works in the office here who started working there as a student. And the way they got there was that I placed them there as their weekly chesed work, because they told me they (I keep saying they to hide the gender, rather than typing he/she - which would have been less typing than this whole thing) really wanted to do something where they weren't directly working with people. The secretaries in the office are appreciative, but the student doesn't seem so much to remember.

It's funny how at 6:00 I feel less tired than I do at 3:00. Sometimes (today) I feel better after a long day than after a short one.

There was a Model UN meeting, a follow up to our competition of this year and a gearing up for next year. This was after school at 5:15. So it ended recently and here I am, soon to head home.

During a break in the afternoon I finished The History of Love. I really liked this book. It's the kindd of book that the less you know about it going in, the better. I wish I knew someone else who read it that I could discuss it with. I'm a hard sell when it comes to books. I need to be pulled in or you lose me. And this was quite compelling.

6:13 now. A good time. Time to go home. May G-d bless us all.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home