Sunday, May 22, 2005

Anorexia of the Soul

Going through my files I came across this article called Anorexia of the Soul. It was in a supplement enclosed in my NY Jewish Week. Rather than pasting I'm mentioning it and if you want to read it you can press on the title of this post and link to it.

Five years ago Richard Lewis wrote a book called "The Other Great Depression: How I'm Overcoming On A Daily Basis At Least A Million Addictions and Dysfunctions and Finding A Spiritual (Sometimes) Life." When I went up to get my book signed ("To Neil, Shalom and Get Laughs - Richard Lewis")(an acquaintance on line told him I was a comedian) I asked Richard if I could give him something, and he said "Yeah, you can give me whatever you want." So I handed him a copy of this article.

3 Comments:

Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Mirty, Pearl - thank you for appreciating the article. I also thought it was strong and well done.

May 24, 2005 at 5:19 AM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

I see the link doesn't work.

Here's the website that now has the essay:

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/3065/jewish/Anorexia-of-the-Soul.htm

April 30, 2012 at 9:15 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

here's the link now. I don't remember the whoe first half previously being part of it.

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/3065/jewish/Anorexia-of-the-Soul.htm

January 22, 2015 at 12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home