Sunday, January 02, 2005

My Queen

My Queen

I'm always rushing to you
at the same time I run away
Last minute I embrace you
time, time again
Minor infractions I've waged
but I never broke you
never broke away
Sunsets; ours, when I find you
and sunsets foreshadow our departure
We can't be together all the time...
...we can't be together all the time
yet I pray we always meet, part
I pity those who've never had you
You; sweetness, you; grace
No-one holds me for a minute
the way you hold me the whole day
No possession can match
the holiness of our time
I hurry now
Like thousands of other rushes
pray that I arrive to embrace you
In good time.

Now that you've read it - I'll confess that it's about the Shabbat. I wonder if that comes across. It's in he spirit of Lechah Dodi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home