Saturday, September 22, 2007

Next Year In Jerusalem


When this post appears it will say Saturday, 11:59. It's really much later than that. Technically, it's Sunday morning.


I wasn't going to post tonight. But knowledge and thoughts and feelings linger.


During LeShana HaBaah as we danced around the Bima I thought of the metaphorical Yerushalyim and all the people that each in their own way need to get to that place. And the cry I cried was for all who need to get to their Yerushalayim, particularly those whose suffering I know and see and feel. Soon after that I knew and saw and felt it up close. And it got to me. May we all be blessed to make it to our city of peace this year. (VeAyein Peter Himmelman's Next Year In Jerusalem).
i
There's what to be said for praying with people of all ages. Most of the people around me were on the younger side. Last year I wrote right after YK, relating to this idea and more. The thoughts contained in that piece are very close to my heart and it's one of my personal favorite posts from my almost three years here.

Pictured bove is the blue faced building mentioned in that post.
l
Wishing all a good gebencht yahr.


4 Comments:

Blogger kishke said...

A haiku that occurred to me on Yom Kippur:

Heal the broken stem
Give comfort to dust and ash
Be kind, we are naught.

One that came to me this morning:

With each road you take
your choices narrow to none.
Make good choices young.

September 23, 2007 at 10:07 AM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

I REALLY like those!

September 23, 2007 at 10:19 AM  
Blogger kishke said...

Thanks!

Everyone loves praise.
Rewards effort, brightens days.
It's best from a pro.

I feel like a heel.
While lauded for my efforts,
I just criticize.

September 23, 2007 at 6:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, this one hit me - felt almost physical!
I recognized the picture right away, even though the facade has changed in the (many) years since I've last seen it.
Thanks for posting it, and a very Happy Birthday to you!

October 11, 2007 at 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home