Thursday, November 04, 2021

8:42 PM - I have never succeeded in stopping time, not even for a second. Just thought of that, wonder if it could be a haiku:

I've never had luck
with my hopes of stopping time
not for one second

Poetry is funny in a not ha-ha kind of way.  The ideal is to say something that because of the artistry is more than the words.  But sometimes what happens (and what I fear just happened) is that in order to fit it into a poetic form imprecise words are chosen and the message gets changed.  

9:01 PM - In college I was assigned a book called Stop Time. it was a reading assignment given for a writing class, because the teacher felt that it was a good example of you could write about anything and it would work if you wrote well.  Personally, I didn't get through the book, but I like the title.  And it just came to mind.

9:25 PM - Listened to voice messages from a friend, responding to my voice messages.

9:56 PM - Running to Maariv/Shiva visit (feeling good at moment)

After Midnight (though the post will say 11:59 PM- because it still feels like Thursday night... - Visited with young mourner after Maariv, then walked and talked with a friend, then walked on my own while checking phone (11,829 steps today, TG. BAH/PPP) had a bowl of bought chicken soup, watched an episode of Taxi, time for bed.

Good night and G-d bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home