Sunday, October 10, 2021

Another Sunday Morning

 After a long break, my recent return to blogging continues.  It's Sunday morning and the world is perfect/imperfect.  There's a book I like called Don't you know it's a perfect world? by Sarah Shapiro.  Feels like yesterday when I discovered that book 20+ years ago and was so taken by it.  I recently committed to writing a review for a newspaper of the same author's latest book: An Audience of One. The hard part about writing the review is finding the right words.  I could just write something like- as a human being and a Jew, I loved this book. And you should too, I think it may need more/other words.

It's almost 11AM now and there's an online shiur I want to go to, and I need to/want to eat, and I owe a dear friend an email responding to an email about having missed my email, and- and, and, and, and...

In the middle of a deep shiur by Rabbi Avraham Aryeh Trugman, based on his book, Seventy Faces.  He is discussing the letters of the Torah in a deep way.  May I, and all who hear his Torah, and all who are touched by it be moved and changed by it in a positive way.

Now he's up to questions.  In my experience he always answers my questions when I write to him. And introvert that I am prefer discussing privately.  Questions and answers after a class can be an extroverts game, though sometimes I will feel comfortable asking questions, particularly if I feel like that will be my chance and time to do it and it may not be doable via email, private meeting, etc...

R Trugman is kind and generous. At almost an hour and a half he's still taking lots of people's questions and comments.  My dad of blessed memory felt strongly that often questions during classes were statements.  but I think the benefit of doubt way to look at it may be to understand that some people ask questions my seeming to make statements. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home