Tuesday, August 04, 2020

May we all stay healthy.

Ironic, I was sick right before Covid.  January, starting with winter yeshiva break.  Some kind of virus. Had fever.  High.  Unusual for me.  It started with throat and coughing and severe weakness.  I was alone.  It was hard.  I missed work.  It moved into my ear.  I went to several ENTs.  I learned the phrase Eustachian Tube Dysfunction. It wouldn't leave my ears.  I was feeling off balance from it and was very frustrated.  After Covid came I was separated from people, from germs.  Due to where I worked i was officially quarantined for two weeks.  Have been on some level of isolation since.  And it's helped.  My ear eventually healed. I had five months - poo poo poo - without one of my lifetime regular virus/infection kind of things in throat, ears, etc.  Last week, I somehow started to have cold symptoms.  Could I have caught it from the locksmith who I had to call because my key wasn't fitting in my lock? It had to have been some passing contact, as for the most part, I'm holed up here, alone.  My throat was burning (similar to but not as horribly intense as in January), I was coughing up phlegm, achy, feeling sluggish and feverish, though it never went high.  I reached out to my Dr.  Took tons of supplements. Finally I went to a local emergency room, having been told they would test me for Covis and give me results in 15 minutes.  What's that saying about things sounding too good?  It wasn't true.  They turned me away.  No Covid test for you, they said.  They said they weren't testing people from outside who came to the ER, only insiders - workers and patients. So I rode to an amazing ER in Jersey.  Uber.  That's another whole story, another place to casually catch Covid.  This Jersey place did an X-Ray and told me I didn't have pneumonia.  The next day they confirmed that my Covid test came out negative, though that test showed that I had Rhinovirus Infection, which was the cause of my cold.  So I'm still resting on on the supplements after a week (which included 9 AV).  Please G-d I'm on the mend.  May we all stay healthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home