Monday, June 22, 2015

On Blogging In The Age of Social Media

It's challenging to write here due to several factors, among them the fact that there is virtually no feedback these days.  Add to this the contrasting reality that there is feedback on social media, which is quickly taking over the Internet (till something new pushes it aside).

Even when blogging was popular, blogs were hit and run things filled with pseudonyms.  I wrote long personal pieces in my own name. It wasn't that long ago and yet my style of blogging seems a thing of the distant past. Still, I am grateful to G-d for the ten and a half years of writing I was blessed to share here, even as I feel myself drifting away.

2 Comments:

Blogger uriyo said...

Well, if you keep posting links on Facebook to your blog posts, I for one will keep coming here to read them. :)

June 23, 2015 at 3:18 AM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Thanks Uri. As you know, I don't always link. I have my reasons, though I'm not sure what they are.

I think I may be writing more here over the summer.

For some reason I have trouble getting into the blogger site to write from on computers other than my home one. I've tried to solve this by asking a professional IT guy and by Googling and following the offered advice, but it's been to no avail so far.

June 23, 2015 at 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home