Sunday, November 23, 2014

Goodnight Keyboard

Israel is very much on my mind
I can't/shouldn't leave my mourning behind
The barbaric reality has shaken me out
Despite my usual quietness I have angry things to shout
And yet I believe G-d wants me to live
He wants me to connect, He wants me to give
He wants me to be dating, to be setting up friends
He wants me to move forward through whatever life sends
So I try to set people up every now and then
And to get out there myself- if not now when
Right now I have to leap in faith, though it may not seem deep
It's time, it's time, it's time- it's time to go to sleep.

1 Comments:

Blogger kishke said...

Har Nof

Harsh words harsher thoughts
At cruel minds deformed souls
I'll never forgive

Shock tears prayer tears
For families bereaved alone
O God help them please

Something moves inside
Guilt guilt or is it duty
Look inward my soul

November 25, 2014 at 9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home