Thursday, February 06, 2014

The Contest To Name This Poem Has Just Begun

I’m taking off the snow boots
After wearing them all day
Sixteen hours of togetherness
With two pounds of shoes at play

They looked up at me in disbelief
As I slid downhill to my ride
They accompanied me as I taught
They can testify that I tried

They helped me walk for exercise
As we navigated the snow
They stayed attached for my after-school class
I hope they enjoyed the show

Long after I got home
I kept these snow boots on
Along with my tie and sweater
Overdressed- feeling worn and gone

I wish to have something deep to share
My attempts at such thoughts are rife
I thank my boots for their company
As I thank my G-d for this life

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A day in my shoes.

February 10, 2014 at 10:36 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

That's very good. Thanks!

February 11, 2014 at 4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home