Sunday, December 29, 2013

On Smartphones

 Oy. It's out of control. When I was sitting Shiva for my mom a prominent person and friend honored me with a visit and was on his Iphone the whole time he spoke with me (it was just the two of us at that time). These phones are bad news IMHO. My developmentally challenged phone has a lot of injuries and illnesses.

 The time will come when I will need to put her to sleep.  And "they" are going to tell me that the only option is a "smart" phone.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The Rav Nachman story comes to mind.  A king and his advisor held out drinking the water that was making everyone crazy.  Eventually that had to drink it.  But first they put an X on each other's foreheads so they'they'd see it and at least remember and know that they were crazy too.

The day may come when I ask you to draw an apple on my forehead...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't give in. find a refurbished, giveaway, whatever. I hope I don't have to give up my simple phone that only makes and receives calls.

Loved this entry, by the way, in case you didn't figure that out :-)

December 30, 2013 at 7:06 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Thanks anonymous. Let's caht more about this on our smartphones. Or better yer I'll write a response and take a picture of it and then touch your phone with mine and then the picture will go into yours. I saw a commercial about how some phones do that and others don't so I RAN out and got that one, and best part it was a FREE upgrade (not counting the monthly plan forever).

December 30, 2013 at 7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home