Wednesday, December 11, 2013

It's the fourth Yahrtzeit of my mom.

She kept this poem, given to every middle school student by their science teacher, who wrote it.

She gave it to me.


....
My Coronet

If I in my daily contact
....... Of school days spent with you
Have taught you
.......To live content with small means,
To seek elegance rather than luxury,
.......Refinement rather than fashion,
To be most worthy and respectable,
.......To study hard, talk gently and act
......................frankly,
To listen with open mind and heart
.......And grow up to be all that you should:
Cheerful, brave, and true
.......To G-d, home, and country;
Then I shall have completed
.......The setting of another tiny jewel, with
..................care
Into the crown of my life work.
OFRANCES G.V. KENNY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home