Thursday, August 23, 2012

As hashgachah would have it I walked in to Starbucks and a fellow was getting up from his little table next to an outlet and I got it!

I'm going to try to do a pure post, free-flowing, stream of consciousness.

I just weighed in at Weight Watchers (I pay them handsomely to use their scale) and found that I'm 1.and a half pounds since I weighed in three weeks ago prior to my trip.

I'm pushing 50. The weight and related factors will  - G-d forbid - get worse if I don't take the reigns.

I recently read a statistic that people who write about what's going on in their lives tend to be healthier.  I hope so.

Before WW I was at PT for an hour. After a year of discomfort and disappointment relating to my injury I feel like my feet are in good hands.

Some people tease me about belonging to Weight Watchers for years and going to meetings and weigh-ins while not strictly following their point system.  Besides the fact that they have a non point program, I think it's worth going for the mussar. 

My seat is right by the restroom and the 2 men on line are waiting quite impatiently.  I feel bad for the person in there.

Here are some (some, not all of my) recently written haiku:

Wisdom and laughter
need to protect each other
from becoming stale

A. What is protocol
if you remember something
while they just forget?

B. Consider the fact 
that though you remember them
they never knew you

What are the questions?
You must answer that question
if you want answers

Most importantly
I know that G-d feels my pain
that is an answer

On roller coasters
the oh so steep ride down beats
the upward climb

Trying to talk to
someone with ADHD?
Like holding jello

So so beautiful
Two people unite as one
Under a chuppah

4 Comments:

Anonymous Elie said...

Do you have David M. Bader's book "Haikus for Jews"?

August 24, 2012 at 10:14 AM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Yes.

August 24, 2012 at 10:32 AM  
Anonymous Elie said...

I figured. I came across it at a book sale and thought of you.

August 24, 2012 at 12:17 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

A few years ago I bought and gave a way a lot of copies of it

http://rabbifleischmann.blogspot.com/2009/12/taking-things-seriously.html

August 24, 2012 at 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home